fredag 25. januar 2013

The smiling officer

The smiling guy and the tourist

I just bought this summers deposit to Turkey and Icmeler again. Turkey is my favourite holiday destination. Mostly because of the splendid summer, the warmth, food and friendly people. The beaches are beautiful with some faraway hidden secrets.

January has been very cold around here. So last night I was looking at some warm photos from 2010, 2011 and 2012. I came upon this picture of the most smiley night-police-officer on the beachpromenade to Marmaris. I was running this road in the mornings before the sun arose, and he always stood there on duty, smiling, in front of the hotel near Marmaris. So the last morning I was running here I stopped and would shake his hand and have a picture. To my surprise he could not speak a word English, German or French. Just Turkish. But we understood each other perfectly well without no language. So this is my weekend-prayer - a smile makes you happy... A smile speaks every language...!




Ingen kommentarer: